linux_base on 7-Stable for linux-oracle-instantclient?

Chris Timmons cwt at networks.cwu.edu
Tue Jul 21 17:11:27 UTC 2009

We need basic access to an Oracle database via Perl DBI on FreeBSD
7-stable.  Does linux_dist-gentoo-stage3 facilitate compiling/installing a
linux perl better than doing so using the fc4 linux_base?

It seems like I will need some combination of the linux-instantclient and
Oracle-8 client ports installed, then a linux perl to interface with
them(?)

The proxy is in interesting idea which I will look into.

-c