HEADSUP: the default linux base and infrastructure ports has been changed to Fedora 10

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.current at mailing.thruhere.net
Thu Jul 9 06:22:28 UTC 2009

On Friday 26 June 2009 09:08:53 Boris Samorodov wrote:

> the day of changing a default linux base and infrastructure ports
> has happened. For a long time we used to have default linux_base-fc4
> and Fedora Core 4 infrastructure ports. It's too old now and has
> some security issues which won't be addressed. Now we have all
> needed changes at the base system and we have switched defaults
> to Fedora 10 ports.

> 4. Remove any OVERRIDE_LINUX_* lines from /etc/make.conf
>    and ensure that you have compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16.

Does this mean epoll(4) is now implemented? I've got a few people begging me
to play regnum online, yet this is the first hurdle I keep stumbling in to.

According to http://linux.die.net/man/4/epoll epoll should be in 2.6.x. Since
this is basically a kqueue/kevent reimplementation, I was initially surprised
to see the "not implemented" notification.
--
Mel