got google earth running again, tho still with indirect rendering...

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sun Apr 12 20:16:45 UTC 2009

The following alias seems to work here now with OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS
set to f8 after the astro/google-earth USE_LINUX_APPS+= dri commit:
	alias googleearth="LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 cpuset -l 0 googleearth"

 Without LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT if often crashes right at startup (and if
not, says it switches to indirect rendering by itself), and without
cpuset it often seems to hang/deadlock after popping up its tips window.
(The latter can only make a difference on smp of course.)

 Tested on 7-stable/amd64 with intel 965 and ati RV730 PRO using video-ati
(the second one without any gl at all of course.)

 I guess all we need now is linux dri bits matching our version of native
xorg and possibly some needed linuxolator changes?

 Enjoy,
	Juergen