Linux GTK+ 2.10+

Sat Sep 27 19:14:10 UTC 2008

Quoting Roman Divacky <rdivacky at freebsd.org> (Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:08:40 +0200):

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 07:58:22AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Quoting "Eitan Adler" <eitanadlerlist at gmail.com> (from Tue, 23 Sep
> > 2008 22:19:56 -0400):
> >
> > >Does anyone know when the linux-gtk2 port will support version 2.10 or
> > >above?
> >
> > Find a good linux gtk2 RPM which works on Fedora 4, and we can update
> > it. If you don't find one, you have to wait until we have the new
> > linux infrastructure (Fedora 6, 7 or 8) fully integrated into the
> > ports (this requires that you run a FreeBSD release which supports
> > enough of the linux 2.6 kernel).
>
> what is the plan in this area? are we going to switch to newer fedora
> on 8.x ?
>
> I'd like to know the official position here :)

The official position is: I'm in the middle of moving, and Boris (who
has all patches for this) was on a business trip the last time we
discussed this.

The plan is: wait for the ports unfreeze and send it to portmgr for an
experimental run on the ports build cluster (depends upon the free time
of Boris).