Virtualbox 2.0.2 and FreeBSD 7 x64 guest install crashes

Jonathan jonathan at kc8onw.net
Sat Sep 27 14:04:16 UTC 2008

Has anyone had any success with Virtualbox  2.0.2 and a FreeBSD 7 x64
guest?  I've tried pretty much every available option combination but it
consistently crashes on boot right after the loader prompt.  The md5 for
the ISO is correct.

I'm definitely willing to put some time towards debugging it but I'm not
sure where to start.  The Virtualbox IRC dev channel told me to ask the
FreeBSD project but since Virtualbox itself crashes I would think I
would have to start on their side...  I'd like to start somewhere.  It
would be great to have a 32 bit and a 64 bit VM for testing purposes.

Thanks,
Jonathan Stewart

P.S. Any word on FreeBSD as a Virtualbox host?