[Qemu-devel] Re: qemu svn r5281 on FreeBSD - slow usb, vmwarevga, screen updates... (now updated to r5313)

Anthony Liguori anthony at codemonkey.ws
Fri Sep 26 15:05:31 UTC 2008

Matt wrote:
>>  Here is another experimental update that forces -lthr on 6.x, and
>> also updates to qemu svn r5313:
>>        http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20080924.patch
>>

> I just built this update and it seems to have fixed the issue.  Host
> CPU usage again tracks with guest CPU usage and all seems well.  I'll
> continue to use this build to see if anything else crops up.
>
> Please let me know if there is anything other information I can provide.

If ya'll have patches to make QEMU work on FreeBSD, please submit them.
I'm about to commit a patch that's what it took for me to get SVN
working on FreeBSD.

The one thing that really tripped me up with the whole aio kld-module
thing.  Perhaps we should detect the presence of the module at run time
and disable aio?  I assume kldload can only be run as root?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori