[Patch] Compiling COMPAT_SVR4 without COMPAT_43

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Sun Sep 14 19:00:32 UTC 2008

* Roman Divacky <rdivacky at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 05:38:40PM +0200, Ed Schouten wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I just build this patch on my system at home. Fortunately I'm not a user
> > of COMPAT_SVR4, but I thought some of its users may actually find it
> > useful.
> >
> > The attached patch should allow COMPAT_SVR4 users to use it without
> > having COMPAT_43 in their kernel configuration. Any comments? I'll
> > commit it when (if) I've received any feedback. Thanks!
>
> looks good to me. I believe you might want to ask jhb@ as he seems
> to know of some users of SVR4 (at yahoo! ?)...
>
> just out of curiousity... why did you do this?

I was running a random grep on our source tree on COMPAT_43 and I
noticed svr4 had this #error in it, so I thought: I wonder what would
happen if I'd remove the #error. It turns out only two socket functions
used actual COMPAT_43 bits, so that's why I wrote the patch.

Thanks for pointing me to jhb. I'll contact him.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/