VirtualBox looks for FreeBSD developer

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Fri Sep 12 17:59:38 UTC 2008

Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hi Klaus;
>
> Thank you for your posting on -ports:
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?48C8F051.7060107
>
> I think either -emulation or -virtualization might be better
> targets for such discussion though (indeed we did discuss it
> briefly in the virtualization list).
>
> Some of us are very interested in having VirtualBox on FreeBSD, and
> I understand the FreeBSD Foundation would consider sponsoring such
> effort if someone with the know-how makes the proposal.

Klause,

freebsd-virtualization at freebsd.org (this mail is there) is the place
you want but it is a new list and not everyone on
freebsd-emulation at freebsd.org will be on it (yet).

Freebsd ports is for ported software, but virtualbox doesn't
really come into that category yet..

> I don't have what's needed but I was thinking maybe someone that
> knows well the kqemu module would have that know-how... Perhaps you
> could give us more insight on what needs to be done/documented?

A laundry list of what is needed would be good..
Remember that we have had vmware running on FreeBSD so it can be done.