flash10, updated linux-{curl, openssl} etc ports... (resent w/o attachments)

Juergen Lock nox at FreeBSD.ORG
Tue Oct 28 16:19:46 PDT 2008

Hi!

 The good news is I have been able to play a few youtube vids using flash10
on RELENG_7/amd64 in native ff3 using nspluginwrapper 1.1.2.  The bad news
is there is still quite some work to be done to get this into shape for
ports...  The following is a description of what I've done to get it
running, maybe someone else can go from there and make proper ports
before I get to it:

1. I built nspluginwrapper 1.1.2 similar to the exiting 1.0.0 version in
ports, only I didnt find a suitable rpm for the i386/linux bits, so I built
those on linux myself (debian sid since thats what I have, also they need
to be configured with --enable-generic there to use `normal' AF_UNIX socket
paths, FreeBSD doesn't have the way its otherwise doing it on linux,
or the wrapper ipc wouldnt work.)  I'll attach the linux bits I built
myself, the go into /usr/local/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux .
[not in this resend, you can get them from the original mail:
	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/flash10hack.mbox.txt
]

2. Next I had to chase missing libs:  First, flash10 needs libcurl now,
it first looks for libcurl.so.4, then when it doesn't find that it looks
for libcurl.so.3 and libcurl-gnutls.so.3 - libcurl.so.3 is in ports as
ftp/linux-curl, but I didn't find an fc4 rpm for libcurl-gnutls.so.3
(also it seems fc4 is eol'd now and you don't really want security holes
in libs you use in your browser...), so I set compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16
in sysctl.conf, OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f7 in make.conf, installed
linux_base-f7 and then unpacked the f7 curl rpm and dependencies using
rpm2cpio piped to tar xfv - ...
	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/Fedora/curl-7.16.2-1.fc7.i386.rpm
        http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/Fedora/libidn-0.6.8-4.i386.rpm
        http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/Fedora/e2fsprogs-libs-1.39-11.i386.rpm
        http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/Fedora/openssl-0.9.8b-12.fc7.i386.rpm

(Actually I now see I probably should have used
	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/updates/7/i386/curl-7.16.4-1.fc7.i386.rpm
etc, sorry will have to test that later.)

 Anywy, since the libflashsupport.so I used from the flash9 port links
to libssl.so.5 (you can check by doing
	/compat/linux/bin/sh /compat/linux/usr/bin/ldd /compat/linux/usr/lib/libflashsupport.so
- yes sometimes also the FreeBSD ldd works for linux libs, but not always),
I ended up keeping the fc4 openssl (security/linux-openssl) that was
installed by the flash9 port and only unpacking
	libssl.so.0.9.8b libssl.so.6 libcrypto.so.0.9.8b libcrypto.so.6
from the above f7 openssl rpm into /usr/local/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux
instead of /compat/linux/lib - there's certainly room for improvement
there...  (like building both libflashsupport and the nspluginwrapper
i386/linux bits on an updated f7?)

 Also, flash10 links a bunch of libs from linux ff, namely:
	libnspr4.so libnss3.so libplc4.so libplds4.so libsmime3.so libsoftokn3.so libssl3.so
- I just symlinked those from /usr/local/lib/linux-firefox (obviously it
needs to be installed too) into /usr/local/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux .

 Ok and now something more general for the emulation folks:  Now that
fc4 seems to be eol'd, what do we do to get updated linux-{curl,openssl}
etc ports from f7 (or f8?) for the folks that _can_ use them?  (like,
RELENG_7 and above.)  Its not only that they are useful for flash10,
its also because of security updates...  (No I haven't actually checked if
there _were_ advisories for one of these since fc4, its just not really
unlikely. :)

 Thanx,
	Juergen