kern/97326: [linux] file descriptor leakage in linux emulation

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Fri Oct 3 07:51:55 UTC 2008

On Thursday 02 October 2008, Vladimir Grebenschikov said:
> The following reply was made to PR kern/97326; it has been noted by
> GNATS.

>  Probably, somebody encourages skype.com to build native FreeBSD
> version of skype ?

That's something I'm lobbying for. As well as the port maintainer, I'm
also a member of Skype's closed beta team. I broached that subject
this summer when I met with Skype senior project people and devs. The
bottom line is the app is very tightly integrated and won't be an
easy port. Skype is willing to listen providing we can show them that
we (including the other BSD's) can show enough actual users to
justify the dev time on their part. I'm totally open for suggestions
on how to accomplish that, providing we have a large userbase in the
first place.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://people.freebsd.org/~beech
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Skype: akbeech
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html