firefox & flash9 patches - now it works with sound on 8-CURRENT

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Fri Oct 3 07:12:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 20:53 +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:

> > % pkg_info -W /compat/linux/lib/libcom_err.so.2
> > /compat/linux/lib/libcom_err.so.2 was installed by package
> linux_base-fc-4_13
> >
> > I don't have a libkeyutils installed, so it seems this depends on
> > whichever linux_base you have.
>
> The port linux_base-f8 has been just fixed. It happens that at
> recent distributions libraries (e2fsprogs-libs) has a package by
> themselves.
>
> As for libkeyutils -- I'm not sure if it is needed. Prove me
> wrong. ;-)

I've just tested it without libkeyutils - libflashsupport just does not
loaded and no sound as result.

So we need it, not sure as dedicated port or as part of linux_base-f8 ?

Another ways is try to rebuild libflashsupport without that dependency,
(ky oing in mind that there was patches here about A/V sync for that
lib). But I have no good idea how to cross-build Linux library on
FreeBSD.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova at fbsd.ru