qemu: could not open disk image /tmp/c.img that was created by qemu

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Jun 4 17:24:20 UTC 2008

I'm running amd64 current-8 and am up to date on most everything.

I'm trying to give qemu a try and am using the quick start on the qemu
site, step by step and got all the way to the second step ;)

# qemu-img create -f qcow c.img 3G
Formatting 'c.img', fmt=qcow, size=3145728 kB

# qemu -cdrom /dev/acd0 -hda /tmp/c.img -m 256 -boot d
qemu: could not open disk image /tmp/c.img

acd0 was an unmounted windowsXP installation CD.

Should the procedure be changed for FreeBSD, I obviously assumed not?

Thanks,

ed