linux 2.6 on 7.0-RELEASE

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com
Wed Jun 4 16:13:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 10:23:25AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> A normal user is not supposed to install the non-default f6
> (unfortunately skype requires it, so in case you come this way,
> complain to the maintainer of skype to not provide enough instructions
> for you).

I don't think that skype should provide said instructions.

> If someone installs f6, he is supposed to know enough about
> the topic that he doesn't stumbles over this problem. If someone
> stumbles over it, he doesn't know enough about it yet. f6 support is
> experimental stuff, so expect problems.

Hmm.  All I'm saying is adding a note in the Makefile wouldn't hurt any.
Put your Beware Of Dog warnings in there, but I think that extra info in
this case is not a bad thing.  I subscribe to and follow the -emulation
list but that does not mean I read every single message, especially when
the threads are long and not immediately applicable to me.  I'm just saying
that throwing in extra information into the Makefile of -fc6 would do more
good than harm.

-- Rick C. Petty