linux 2.6 on 7.0-RELEASE

Tue Jun 3 09:06:15 UTC 2008

Quoting "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com> (from Mon, 2
Jun 2008 16:01:28 -0500):

> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 09:51:28AM +0200, Roman Divacky wrote:
>> >
>> > I know that 2.4 is the default Linux kernel to use on
>> 7.0-RELEASE, but is it
>> > possible to use the Linux 2.6 compatibility layer or the changes needed to
>> > run it only exists in 7.0-STABLE? I couldn't find any information in the
>> > wiki page ( http://wiki.freebsd.org/linux-kernel/ ) --- it was
>> last updated
>> > in September 2007.
>>
>> you can use 2.6 emulation in 7.0R, although I'd recommend using 7-STABLE.
>
> Howso?  I always get the error:
>
> compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2 is not supported

What operation are you doing to get this error? If you install a linux
base port which depends upon 2.6: you need to switch the linuxulator
into 2.6 mode first. See other mails here. IF you do something else:
pleas show us the command.

Sometimes I live in the country,
And sometimes I live in town.
And sometimes I have a great notion,