Linux major/minor conversion not entirely correct

Chagin Dmitry chagin.dmitry at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:27:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Roman Divacky wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 11:14:07AM +0200, Ed Schouten wrote:
>> * Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:
>> > Quoting Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> (from Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:31:52 +0200):

>> > Does this mean your patch makes sshd inside a linux jail working for
>> > non-root logins? If yes: MFC planned (I haven't checked the commit mails
>> > yet, sorry)?
>>
>> Only on i386. We still have to deal with the sendmsg() badness. It
>> doesn't seem to work properly on amd64.
>
> check the logs... something was done with it already... dont remember
> details.... anyway, when/if I find time I'll try to look at it. but my
> queue is long :(

too has got stuck in sendmsg/recvmsg when did linux64 ltp tests, and at
first sight here not a simple problem. Linux and fbsd at x86-64 have
different definitions of msghdr & cmsghdr struct. it's not problem to
convert msghdr :) with cmsghdr more difficult.
see unp_internalize() at sys/kern/uipc_usrreq.c
i think about it now.

thnx!

--
Have fun!