kern/117010: [linux] linux_getdents() get somethinng like buffer overflow

Mon Jul 28 07:00:14 UTC 2008

Quoting "Roman Divacky" <rdivacky at freebsd.org> (from Sun, 27 Jul 2008
20:40:06 +0200):

> I'll look at the readdir.c implementation, analyze it but I guess
> Dmitry's version is ok. if I find it correct I think we should
> wait for someone to test it but if noone does I think it can be
> commited with just Dmitry's testing and my analysis :)

Can you confirm or deny
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2001-02/1076.html ?

Please give me a week, I try to come up with patches for review which
address my concerns as expressed in my reply today to Dmitry.

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
		-- Arthur C. Clarke