kern/122318 (CMake core dumping, chroot exiting)

Chagin Dmitry chagin.dmitry at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 20:46:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Sean C. Farley wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Chagin Dmitry wrote:

>>> I have the trouble in and out of the chroot (FC2-based) but also with
>>> linux_base-f{c4,c6,8}.  I just ran it outside of the chroot to get
>>> the ktrace much more easily.  This is on a FreeBSD 7 amd64 system
>>> running a 32-bit chroot.
>>>

>> ugh... my head, sorry (((

>>> Steps to recreate:
>>> mkdir a
>>> cd a
>>> touch CMakeLists.txt
>>> /home/sfarley/chroot/usr/bin/cmake .
>>>
>>> System setup for 7-STABLE as of July 14th:
>>> compat.ia32.maxvmem: 0
>>> compat.ia32.maxssiz: 67108864
>>> compat.ia32.maxdsiz: 536870912
>>> compat.linux.oss_version: 198144
>>> compat.linux.osrelease: 2.6.16
>>> compat.linux.osname: Linux
>>> compat.linux32.maxvmem: 0
>>> compat.linux32.maxssiz: 67108864
>>> compat.linux32.maxdsiz: 536870912
>>>
>>> BTW, switching to compat.linux.osrelease=2.4.2, running some Linux
>>> applications and switching back to 2.6.16 does not leave Linux
>>> emulation in a happy state.  Simple Linux applications such as uname
>>> start core dumping.
>>>

>> uname must work on all supported linuxulators
>
> I agree, and it does work until I start playing with the Linux version.
> This problem may or may not be related to the cmake issue.
>
>> I can't reproduce problem, my output on linuxulator64:
>
> 8-CURRENT vs 7-STABLE issue maybe?

don't think so

>> at me only one idea - create shell script like this:
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> sleep 30
>> /usr/bin/cmake .
>>
>> run it,
>> ps -ax | grep you_script_name
>> ktrace -di -p you_script_pid -f /ttt/tracefile.out
>>
>> and show result. thnx!
>
> OK.  I obtained a trace file[1].  Amusingly, bash also died in this
> scenario.
>
> Sean
>  1. http://www.farley.org/freebsd/tmp/ktrace.out.bz2

I can't use it on -current, ktrace abi was changed. please, make itself
linux_kdump :)

--
Have fun!
chd