linuxulator64 status

Thu Jul 24 07:47:33 UTC 2008

Quoting "Chagin Dmitry" <chagin.dmitry at gmail.com> (from Thu, 24 Jul
2008 10:30:41 +0400 (MSD)):

> hi!
> I'm not subscribed on fbsd-current@, therefore I shall answer here...
>
> It is possible to tell that it works, now I investigate LTP results
> and search that does not work.

Congrats! You know about http://wiki.freebsd.org/linux-kernel/ and
linux-kernel/ltp? If yes, do you want write access?

Do you think you are at a stage where you can provide a patch for
users to test (I don't have a 64bit system, so it's not for me)?

> ps. signals, dynamic loading of libs works.
> 100% know that there are problems with getdents syscall, at least at x86_64.

I think the problem is not only there...

> If somebody is interesting, I shall prepare a patch and necessary
> packages (linux_base, linux_dev, linux_kdump for x86_64).

For the ports stuff please coordinate with bsam@, he already has
patches for all other supported architectures.

A key to the understanding of all religions is that a God's idea of a
good time is a game of Snakes and Ladders with greased rungs.