linux emulation: Preliminary support for more auxvec's [patch]

Marcin Cieslak saper at system.pl
Fri Jul 11 19:55:51 UTC 2008

Kostik Belousov wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 01:43:55PM +0200, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Attached please find a simple diff to implement additional loader
>> information (for background please see:
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2006-September/002591.html)
> Namely, AT_EXECPATH (somewhat similar to the Solaris auxvec of the same
> name) provides (might be relative) path for the binary being executed.

Thank you very much.

I have implemented the AT_PLATFORM, therefore all 2.6.16 (and later)
i386/amd64 auxvecs are implemented, except for AT_SYSINFO and
AT_SYSINFO_EHDR that are i386-specific and provide optional way of
invoking linux syscalls (using so-called virtual dynamic shared object).

I think we don't need those.

The code is completely untested on i386. My first attempts show that
skype and acroread8 launch faster (probably due to the "hz" effect).

The patch is here:

http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~saper/FreeBSD/linux/auxvec.diff

This was made against 7-STABLE, but there no major differences in
-current. It is also trivial to port to 64-bit amd64 emulation.

--Marcin