linux gnome libraries etc.

Sat Feb 16 12:35:49 PST 2008

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:26:33 +0300):

> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:59:48 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>
> > I expect more problems for people which try to update without reading
> > UPDATING, and I expect that there need to be some additional logic in
> > bsd.port.mk. Plist handling and other things may be more messy.
>
> How do plan to introduce 2.6 as a default? First at HEAD, then MFC it
> or just leave it for 8.x only?

Yes, I hope 2.6 will be default in 8.0. But first we need to make it
the default in HEAD. It depends if this will be introduced in 7.x too
or not. Maybe not (there need to be very good reasons to make it the
default in 7.x). We will see.

> > BTW: I don't like to have f7 or such in the port names, I think k26
> > (like kernel 2.6) or 26e (like 2.6 emulation) would be better in the
> > long term.
>
> I like the latter. What about 26ke (2.6 kernel emulation)?
> Although it's one character longer...

As you want.

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #41:
	Profit is its own reward.