7-stable: linux_dist-gentoo-stage3 wonn't bootstrap

Arno J. Klaassen arno at heho.snv.jussieu.fr
Sat Dec 27 13:41:30 PST 2008

Hello,

I'm having serious problems to get MedInria (a medical imaging
toolchain) run under Linux emulation
( http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=727&release_id=2488
if ever someone would like to try : at my place even the
simplest graphical action (change tool, open file, etc)
literally exploses the X-server ...)

so I thought to run it in debugger etc in the
chroot gentoo : but its bootstrap.sh will not complete,
for the time being because of :

 - compat.linux.osrelease 2.4.2 is not supported

 - so I installed fc6 and set compat.linux.osrelease to 2.6.16
   but then the chroot complains with many errors like :

    - (find): syscall fstatat64 not implemented
    - (rm): syscall unlinkat not implemented
    - (tar): syscall futimesat not implemented
    - (chmod): syscall fchmodat not implemented

So :
  - does someone have a patch with these at-functions
    (or the svn command to create it)
  - or can I even bluntly copy the linuxulator from head
    to releng_7 ?

Thanx in advance.

Arno