wine-1.1.8 regression -- wine: could not load L"...": Invalid address

Tijl Coosemans tijl at ulyssis.org
Tue Dec 2 08:50:47 PST 2008

On Sunday 30 November 2008 23:19:35 Alex Kozlov wrote:

>>> I'm also not sure. That why this patch quick and dirty. Let see what
>>> Julliard has to say.
>
> From Alexandre POV most correct action will be to fix reserve_areas logic
> on FreeBSD. (I try that on this weekend, but with limited success. Very
> limited. Need more work, and I'm not sure that I will have enough time)

You tried porting the preloader?

> As for the patch, place when alloc virtual_heap don't matter. So I think
> 0x80000000 is ok.

On second thought, you'll probably need something like 0x81000000 or
even further, because the win9x shared heap is supposed to be at
0x80000000.

Will you submit a patch for this (perhaps as a follow-up to
ports/128926), then Daichi can commit it and we'll be settled for
the time being.