Linux applications core if running (k)qemu

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 29 22:29:12 UTC 2008

I am having trouble with kqemu.ko and linux.ko.  If I run qemu with the
following command, Linux applications (chroot, acroread, ls) will start
core dumping:
     qemu-system-x86_64 -m 512 \
     -drive file=/usr/QEMU/WinXP/c.img,if=ide,media=disk -boot c \
     -std-vga -parallel none -serial none -monitor stdio \
     -net nic,model=e1000 -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no -localtime

little after WinXP starts running.  Unloading kqemu.ko does not help;
the cores still happen but more randomly.  I even tried unloading all
linux modules and reloading them without luck.  It takes a reboot.

Packages:
qemu-devel-0.9.1s.20080620_1
kqemu-kmod-devel-1.4.0.p1
linux_base-f8-8_4

sysctl:
compat.linux.osrelease: 2.6.16

dmesg:
kqemu version 0x00010400
kqemu: KQEMU installed, max_locked_mem=1792492kB.

System is 7-STABLE as of r181963 with or without the patch to fix RT
signals from Chagin.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org