Bordeaux for FreeBSD coming soon

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Aug 19 23:41:12 UTC 2008

Quoting Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com>:

> Over the last couple day's I have been working on the Bordeaux for FreeBSD 7
> port. We now have everything compiling and running but a lot more testing
> needs to be done before it's ready for a final release. Internet Explorer,
> Steam and Office 2003 are the only applications ive gotten around to testing
> thus far. The good news is everything that I have tested works fairly well
> on FreeBSD.
>
> More info can be found here:
> http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/bordeaux/bordeaux-for-freebsd-coming-soon.html
> --

I took a look at the links and need explorer support in FreeBSD before
I can start converting all our PC's.  The government here requires
Internet Explorer for many of their forms and we haven't found any way
around the requirement.

I made the paypal deposit for the $20 that was required to test the
beta version and am still, 8 hours later, waiting for the confirmation
password to be able to download the beta.  I have checked Spam and it
is the same email as the above that has no strange problems.  I'm
somewhat concerned not for the money but to see if this is or can be
the solution to our problem.

I'm sending a copy to the sales email of wine-reviews.

I'm also curious if a port will also require purchase?

thanks,

ed