CALL FOR TESTERS: linux-f8 infrastructure ports

Gary Stanley gary at velocity-servers.net
Tue Apr 8 15:39:30 UTC 2008

At 11:14 AM 4/8/2008, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 11:03:12 -0400 Gary Stanley wrote:
>
> > (Most) Game servers work fine starting up.
>
>I have one report that (at least some) linux game servers (e.g. HL
>server starts with 1 Gig and uses 2-3 Gig in a day, a report to
>emulation@ is pending) eat memory with linux-f8.

This is not a emulation bug. HL1.6 has memory leaks. I notice this
even on a CentOS 5.1 machine, so it's not an emulation bug. :)

Most of all VALVe gameservers leak memory in one way or another, I
don't think they know what is causing it.

-- Gary Stanley (gary at DragonFlyBSD.org | gary at velocity-servers.net)

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~gary