Nvidia LibGL and RELENG_7 linuxulator

Zephiris zephiris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 23:32:05 PDT 2007

Boris Samorodov wrote:

>> > If you mean linux libraries then yes.
>> >
>> > OK. can you describe in details how do you install ports/options/etc
>> > to populate /compat/linux from scratch? And which options do you use
>> > for nvidia-driver port and other *GL* ports?
>
>> I install in order emulators/linux_base-fc6, x11/linux-xorg-libs,
>> x11/nvidia-driver (with ACPI and LINUX flags), x11-toolkits/linux-gtk2,
>> then x11-toolkits/linux-gtk. It's enough to test a number of things.
>
> So far so good. Did you try to use a linux-app here? Acrobat Reader or
> else?

>> > That is very strange. This library should be at least at
>> > /usr/local/lib directory. Can you show an output of
>> > "pkg_info -W /usr/lib/libGL.so.1"?
>> >
>> That's for a linux glxinfo.
>
> Don't understand you answer. Is it from ports? Or does you installed
> it by hand?
It's from linux_dri, so put there by hand, but all Linux binaries linked to
OpenGL crash, act the same, load similar libraries, and get similar crash
dump data.

<snip>

Aside from all of the binaries just crashing, which looks to be from
tryiing to mix with the older X11 libraries from the port, the rendering
issues when trying to use with Gentoo binaries/libraries are still there,
and I can't find any reason for either behavior, but seeing as how Gentoo
libraries get things closer to working, any ideas why it'd keep
complaining about not being able to enable direct rendering?

I can't see anything with my computer or settings that would cause such
different results from anyone else specifically for the linux
compatibility like this.