linux-pango/cairo vs firefox/seamonkey/flock

Fri Nov 16 02:18:40 PST 2007

Quoting Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer at FreeBSD.org> (from Mon, 5 Nov
2007 23:46:47 +0300):

> On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 10:18:44PM +0100, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
>> Andrew Pantyukhin píše v ne 04. 11. 2007 v 00:06 +0300:
> <...>
>> > Also, I can't update these ports at the moment:
>> > 	linux-firefox-devel
>> > 	linux-seamonkey-devel
>> > 	linux-flock
>> > since they depend on libpangocairo, which is not available in fc4
>> > linux environment right now. Firefox and seamonkey are affected
>> > by several hairy advisories, apparently so is flock. I'd like to
>> > mark them forbidden until I come up with a solution, which may
>> > not happen before the freeze is over.
>>
>> Approved.
>
> It turned out gstreamer/freedesktop guys distribute an updated
> version of pango and cairo for fc4. I tested popular linux ports
> that depend on linux-pango (acroread, sunbird, thunderbird,
> firefox, nvu, nero, realplayer, flock, seamonkey, mplayerplugin)
> and they all worked without any trouble with the new version.

Do they also have more recent versions of freetype and fontconfig (I'm
a little bit short on time ATM, so I haven't looked myself, sorry)?

> The only real reason to do this during a freeze is that
> firefox-/seamonkey-devel and flock cannot be updated otherwise,
> and they are affected by several security advisories. But none of
> them are very popular ports, so if you think that marking them
> forbidden is better, I'll have no objection.
>
> Here's the diffs:
> http://heka.cenkes.org/sat/diffs/linux-pango.cairo.diff

cut&paste:
---snip---

RUN_DEPENDS=	${LINUXBASE}/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/linux-glib2
\

		${LINUXBASE}/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1:${PORTSDIR}/x11-fonts/linux-fontconfig
\
+		linux-cairo>=0:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/linux-cairo \
  		${LINUXBASE}/usr/lib/libexpat.so.0:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/linux-expat
---snip---

I don't think this will work well, please use the complete path like
with the other parts of RUN_DEPENDS.

> http://heka.cenkes.org/sat/diffs/linux-cairo.diff

Please use the same style in RUN_DEPENDS here too. They reside in
LINUXBASE, and nearly nothing of our ports infrastrucuture looks into
LINUXBASE.

Apart from that I can not see any obvious problem.

  "Maybe you can't understand this, but I finally found what I need to be
happy, and it's not friends, it's things." -Fry