[OT] Makefile magic [was: Re: linux-fonconfig-2.2.3_6 not X11BASE clean]

Wed Mar 21 14:46:56 UTC 2007

Quoting Karol Kwiatkowski <karol.kwiat at gmail.com> (from Wed, 21 Mar
2007 15:32:16 +0100):

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:

>> You also added the backup file to the plist, just do an
>> inplace replacement without the backup (-i option).
>
> I'm probably missing something but I can't see how to do that. sed(1)
> mentions -i with zero-length extension. Then there are those lines in
> /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:
>
> # Macro for doing in-place file editing using regexps
> REINPLACE_ARGS?=	-i.bak
> REINPLACE_CMD?=	${SED} ${REINPLACE_ARGS}
>
> and whatever I put in ${REINPLACE_CMD} line after -i option I get errors
> or different extensions.

-i'' or something like this IIRC...

> However, how about replacing ${INSTALL_DATA} with ${SED}? Patch attached.

This doesn't take care of chown and chgrp.

A lack of planning on your part
does not constitute an emergency on my part.