New linux_base

Sat Mar 17 16:11:48 UTC 2007

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:58:34 +0300):

> Hello, Alexander!
>

> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:20:52 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:59:16 +0300):

> > > BTW, about this port. It's almost ready (other infrostructure linux
> > > ports are not at the state for testing) and works fine with old (or
> > > better to say current) linux ports. But this needs more testing with
> > > real applications.
>
> > We are talking about which version of FC? And it is the version which
> > does not work with 2.4.2 but will work with 2.6.16 when 2.6.16 is
> > finished. Right?
>
> Oh, sorry, I should have been more precise.
>
> This is a port of FC6. Which doesn't work (doesn't install to begin
> with) with 2.4.2. But when 2.6.16 is finished we may stay with FC4 (as
> a default linux base port) for a while. And yes, this port is intended
> to become a future linux base port. (hm, depending on how much time
> it is needed to settle 2.6.16...)

If you don't already set IGNORE based upon the linux osrelease it would
be a good idea to do so before you commit this. And I think we need a
repocopy from fc4 for this.

> > > The port needs only one cosmetic patch to bsd.linux.rpm (ftp path to
> > > sources changed since FC4) and may be used with
> > > OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=fc6. No other changes to run/test are needed.
>
> > Do we have an override for this so that people which want to give it a
> > try don't have to patch it?
>
> This patch is needed only for package building to fetch rpms with
> sources (when PACKAGE_BUILDING is set). Normal users usually don't do
> it. :-) Anyway, the patch should have been committed before/while
> committing linux_base-fc6.

As long as it works with fc4 and fc6...

> > > I'd better commit it (to get users a chance to test it) but sometime
> > > ago you mentioned that you have some upcoming changes to linux* ports
> > > which you would like to commit. I'm in doubt whether to wait for those
> > > changes or not. What do you think?
>
> > Diff attached, just integrate the change and go ahead as it fits.
>
> Just to clearify, did you mean that I may commit that patch?

When we change this we also need to change the portrevision. If you
want to commit it, go ahead. I was waiting for a functional change to
the fc4 port to commit this at the same time.

If you don't want to commit this to fc4, just integrate it into fc6.

temporary routing anomoly