linux-2.6.16 emulation: linux-sun-jdk1.6.0 program problem

Fri Mar 9 09:56:32 UTC 2007

Quoting Peter Kostouros <kpeter at melbpc.org.au> (from Fri, 09 Mar 2007
17:24:57 +1100):

> Jung-uk Kim wrote:

>>> As far as I know, they don't work, i.e., they crash with internal
>>> error.  Both require sched_getaffinity (and maybe more) and that is
>>> not implemented.  I believe JDK breakage is serious blocker for the
>>> 2.6.16.  Since we cannot support the syscall directly (i.e., we
>>> don't have user process affinity), we may have to fake it.
>>>

>> FYI, it's fixed in perforce.
>>
>> Jung-uk Kim
>>

> Hi
>
> I applied linuxolator-p4.diff to CURRENT (as of about 24 hours ago).
> Unfortunately the patch did not apply cleanly, so the rejected files
> were replaced by appropriate p4 files. Unfortunately I still had the
> same problem that I originally reported.

It is not up-to-date.

> Over this code base, I copied what I thought were the relevant files
> from p4 that provided support for (linux_)sched_getaffinity as mentined
> by jkim. I had positive results with this setup! However, I also have
> some odd observations:
>
> 1. Compiling using javac ends in a signal 9 even though it looks like
> the program successfully completed compilation.
> 2. Running sample applications, e.g.,
> demo/jfc/SwingSet2/SwingSet2.jar, results in an empty pane, where it
> was expected to be populated with controls (not sure if this is a
> toolkit problem); applications also core dump.
> 3. Running ftpserver (java application) displays a GUI window but
> terminates abruptly when the server is started (syscall epoll_create
> not implemented).

epoll* is not implemented. So this is expected (and gives more
priority to epoll).

Can you do the same tests with jdk 1.5?

> Everything seems to run OK with compat.linux.osrelease to 2.4.2.

Good.

When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
		-- Thomas Paine