linux-sdl12 breaks nwnclient

Sean C. Farley sean-freebsd at farley.org
Thu Jun 14 20:49:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Alexandre Vieira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is a problem on linux-sdl12 but I had to
> downgrade linux-sdl12 to version 1.2.5_2 in order to get nwnclient
> (Never winter nights) to work.
>
> With the latest linux-sdl12 version the game core dumps when loading
> the game enviroment (main menus work, selecting characters, etc..).
> There is no SDL parachute, it's a a straight core dump.

I have not had any problems with NWN and the latest linux-sdl12 port.
It was the first program I tested after upgrading to xorg 7.2.  :)  At
least when it comes to single-player mode, it works for me.  At what
point is it crashing?  It sounds like it is crashing for you when it
should be loading a map.  Yes?

> FreeBSD daminho 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0: Fri May 25 15:48:00
> WEST 2007 root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/dual i386

I am running STABLE from June 1st, so they should be close enough.

> I kept the core dump file and kept a output file from truss when the
> game crashes. I can send it if anyone requests it.

I would like to see the truss output.  I am not sure how well I will be
able to use a Linux core dump to an application without the source.
Also, please send the log files in ${HOME}/.nwn/logs.  They may tell
more.  Are you using the nVidia driver?  What version if yes?  Other
places to look for clues would be ${HOME}/.xsession-errors and
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Sean
sean-freebsd at farley.org