are the vmware3* ports still needed?

Makoto Matsushita matusita at jp.FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 22 10:52:56 UTC 2007

(put my "emulations/vmware-{tools,guestd}3 MAINTAINER" hat on)

> These ports depends on misc/compat3x, which has long-known security
> problems.  Is there any reason to keep the vmware3* ports around now?

Maybe no reason to keep them (except for users who still use VMware
Workstation 3, already unsupported product by VMware.)  However, there's
less reason to remove them and that's why these ports still there.

Since misc/compat3x security vulnerability is hard to fix, it's the time
to remove emulations/vmware-{tools,guestd}3.

--
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita