experimental qemu-devel port update, please test!

Craig Boston craig at yekse.gank.org
Thu Jul 12 21:49:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 12:52:52PM -0500, Craig Boston wrote:
> For some reason when the ioctl is issued, curproc points to a totally
> bogus proc structure.  curthread seems to be sane as far as I can tell,
> but the process it claims to belong to is full of junk.

Aha!  The problem isn't that curproc is garbage, but rather that it's
being interpreted wrong.

struct proc has some extra fields when KSE is #defined.  KSE recently
became a kernel option and was put in the DEFAULTS file, so everyone's
kernel has it defined.  But kqemu is being compiled without it.

I compiled with -DKSE and now kqemu works!

This seems like it would be a common problem for modules compiled
outside the kernel tree.  Is there an established way to get the
standard configuration options?

I'm thinking also about other options like SMP, that for instance
changes the way mutexes work.

Craig