experimental qemu-devel port update, please test!

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sat Jul 7 14:05:21 UTC 2007

In article <20070706035905.GV98353 at obelix.dsto.defence.gov.au> you write:
>    0n Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 10:31:29PM -0500, Eric Anderson wrote:
>
>    >On 07/02/07 15:30, Juergen Lock wrote:
>>> Looks like its time for this again...  Many bugs have been fixed,
>>> some features have been added, like, qemu-system-arm has grown
>>> emulation of a few PDAs like some Zaurus models, etc.  As always,
>>> please test now, before I commit this, so we won't be in for
>>> nasty surprises afterwards...
>    >
>    >Works great so far on -CURRENT, thanks!
>    >Did the vmwarevga thing ever settle down, and become stable?
>
>Whats the "vmwarevga thing" ?

vmware svga emulation (so, display), enabled via -vmwarevga in qemu cvs
and the -devel port.  xorg knows it as Driver "vmware", and there are
drivers for windows too.

 This seems to work mostly, tho sometimes the mouse cursor jumps into
the bottom right corner for me with a linux guest, and it still causes
FreeBSD guests failing to attach the default nic (ed0) and pcm0
(snd_es137x, only active when passing -soundhw es1370 to qemu.)

	Juergen