Overlong mailing-list maintainer address in ports

Sat Jan 13 20:54:19 UTC 2007

Quoting "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer at FreeBSD.org> (Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:15:33 +0300):

> On 12/24/06, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 12:04:20PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > > If I read this right: in Makefiles we should use emulation at FreeBSD.org
> > > and in PRs freebsd-emulation, right?
> >
> > Checking the existing ports, they are all assigned to freebsd-emulation at .
>
> Right. The question is, should we stick to shorter
> form for maintainership or allow both forms being
> used on a case-by-case basis.

If you use both kinds of addressing you create 2 maintenance groups in
automated tools (portsmon, automated PR mailing, ...). This can be used
on purpose, but is highly confusing to people which don't use this on a
daily basis (= confusing to people which have ot assign a PR to the
right group).

Yes!  Oh, yes!  Read it and weep!  In your face -- I got more chicken
bone!

		-- Homer Simpson
		   When Flanders Failed