a call to create a port for seagate sg tool

Roman Divacky rdivacky at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 8 10:08:08 UTC 2007

hi,

Larry Rosenman asked whether we can run

(software link:
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=SeaTools:_Enterprise
_Edition&vgnextoid=8f1bd20cacdec010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD)

this software.. and in a few days scottl@ make it so that it works. from
the discussion on cvs-src it looks like its really valuable. thnx scott (this
time publicly)

I would like if you ports guys (bsam? netchild?) created a port for this seagate
tool as it looks really useful. scott reports that it works ok beside "-l" and "-I"
options which needs linprocfs support. so we should tell the user about it.

hopefully we will see this port soon :) sorry for not doing it myself but my ports-fu
is nill :)

thnx

roman