vmware project

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Apr 5 16:52:17 UTC 2007

(Sorry to lose headers on this, but I'm on a different machine and this
is a relatively light traffic list.)

For what it's worth, I have another friend who will firmly commit $100
to the bounty, and can possibly commit more.

He's communicated with Orlando before and said that it wasn't that
Orlando isn't working on it, apparently the trouble is getting some
information from VMWare.  (I don't know the details, this was from a
hurried exchange of emails--he's a scientist in the middle of a
project.)

Going back to qemu for a minute, I have a box with far too many "Only
me" problems, including that nspluginwrapper one that Dave and Rong-en
were trying to help me solve.  I'm beginning to think it's just bit rot
so to speak--too much experimentation without giving myself a way to fix
things, however, I was wondering--has anyone besides myself found qemu's
tap networking to be broken in any recent upgrades of CURRENT?  (This
box was upgraded yesterday).  By broken, I mean I set it up the way I
always have, but the guest can only ping itself, can't reach the
outside, etc.

(I'm not looking for help fixing it at this point.  I'm just wondering
if this is simply one more Just Me problem.)

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Buffy: You read my diary? That is not OK. A diary is like a
person's most private possession. You don't even know what I was
writing about. Hunk can mean a lot of things, bad things. And,
and when I said his eyes were penetrating, I meant bulging.
Angel: Buffy...
Buffy: A doesn't even stand for Angel for that matter. It stand
for Achmed, a charming foreign exchange student. And that whole
fantasy part has nothing to even do with you, at all...
Angel: Your mother moved your diary when she came in to
straighten up. I watched her from the closet. I didn't read it, I
swear.
Buffy: Oh.