Bounty and timeline on vmware 5.x on FreeBSD 6.x

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Wed Apr 4 13:49:03 UTC 2007

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Eric Anderson wrote:

> On 04/03/07 15:30, Roman Divacky wrote:
>>> However, FWIW, I will consider the requirements met if vmware 5.5 can be
>>> made to run on either FreeBSD 6.x-R or 7.x-R.
>>
>> well.. the first point is to actually TRY the vmware on 7.x, when we know
>> why it doesn't work we can decide further...
>>
>> anyone volunteering? :)
>

> I've already begun tinkering with it.  :)
>
> I'm not ready to say I'll commit to anything, due to lack of time. However, I
> want this as badly as John, so I'm starting with the basics.
>
> I have VMWare workstation 5.5 (latest) and 6 beta to play with.

I'd love to see VMWARE-Server support as well.  I'm getting a brand new box
and would love to have FreeBSD as the base OS on it, but need vmware-server
to support some of what I want to do, and the amd64 version of FreeBSD would
be the target host.

I can't contribute a lot of cash, but would be willing to help test.

Thanks!
Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893