[RFC] Port for nspluginwrapper

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Apr 3 14:31:43 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 05:58:54PM +0800, Rong-en Fan wrote:
> On 3/31/07, Dave Grochowski <malus.x at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hey all,
> >
> I polished the port a little bit:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rafan/nspluginwrapper.shar
>
> It includes 1) installing to LOCALBASE 2) correct pkg-plist on amd64, and
> 3) correct dependency.
>
> Can someone please verify this port still works on i386? Thanks!

This fixed my installation problem--no more looking for
/X11R6/X11R6/X11R6 or whatever it was.

However, it doesn't seem to work properly.  (Right now I'm at work, and
a bit busy, but can, perhaps help to troubleshoot tonight.)

On the CURRENT box if I tried to open a flash or pdf page, firefox would
close, without leaving a core, but with the error message that it
couldn't find libpthread.so.0  (Which is only in /compat/linux/lib on
both the CURRENT and STABLE machines.)  Both have indentical libmap.conf
files, back from the days when linuxpluginwrapper worked.

In both cases, it would give an error message about flash, whether I was
trying to open flash or a pdf page.

On the STABLE box, it would load a blank page,  and say done.

For a flash page I got

usr/X11R6/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer: not found
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: failed to execute NSPlugin viewer
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: failed to initialize plugin-side RPC
client connection

I then tried a pdf page and got an identical error message.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Miss Calendar: Okay, so this Master guy tried to open the
Hellmouth, but he got stuck in it.  And now, all the signs are reading
that he's going to get out, which opens the Hellmouth, which brings
the demons which ends the world.
Giles: Yes. That about sums it up, yes.
Miss Calendar: The part that gets me, though, is where Buffy is the
Vampire Slayer. She's so little.