any vm gurus in the house? :) (was: Fatal trap 12, at use qemu)

Andrew Muhametshin andrew at dobrohot.org
Sun Apr 1 22:44:17 UTC 2007

Juergen Lock wrote:
> In article <460D7A37.9080408 at dobrohot.org> you write:
>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=110892
>>
>> Crash of system at use of the emulator "qemu"
>> <...>
>>

> (looking at the pr...)  object is NULL, anyone have an idea how that
> could have happened?  (You seem to be low on ram, maybe kqemu is
> stressing the vm system in an unusual way in that case?  btw kqemu
> no longer is closed source now...)  Also, is this an smp box?
> You could try a few things while we wait for insights from vm gurus:
> <...>

I am sorry - I not the programmer and I do not understand the debugging
information  - I the usual user. ;)
But, probably, I have understood that has occured... Some minutes prior
to start "Qemu", I have changed value of "shared memory: shmmax & shmall
(On the basis of the Handbook:7.4)" using a command "sysctl(8)"... It
has appeared, that if to change values of "shared memory" not through
"/etc/sysctl.conf", but by means of a command "sysctl(8)" - it is
inevitable, later (not at once) there will be a crash of system. Thus,
the "Qemu" did not cause crash -  It was simply casual concurrence.

Forgive, for the erroneous message. Also forgive for my English.

Andrew R.M.