linux-flashplugins crash

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com
Mon Oct 23 09:24:16 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 06:06:05AM +0000, GeistTeufel wrote:

> Well, I have install firefox native on my FreeBSD 6.1 box
> I have compiled rtld support

What do you mean by this?  Did you apply the following patch:
	http://www.jail.se/freebsd/rtld_dlsym_hack.diff

> I have installed linuxwrapper
> And cp libmap.conf in /etc
> So I have installed linux-flashplugins
>
> When I start firefox with it, about;plugins display plugins correctly
> When I go to a web site contain flash (youtube for exemple), they crash, and said
>
> dsyml_ not found in /usr/libexex/ld-elf.so.1

I think you mean "_dlsym", and this means you didn't apply the above patch
and compile/install.

I have no idea why this patch hasn't been committed; it seems unobtrusive
and it would make many people happy not to apply this patch after every
csup/cvsup.

-- Rick C. Petty