Latest linux-compat src patch

Alexander Leidinger netchild at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 17 07:10:09 PDT 2006

Quoting Ralph Zitz <ralph at zitz.dk> (from Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:23:35 +0200):

> Greetings Alexander
>
> Recently you changed some linux compatibility in the freebsd-current
> kernel source. I have a nasty suspicion that the changes broke

This is a very broad timeframe. I committed a lot of stuff there in
the last weeks.

> something. More specifically: I was running the teamspeak port (in
> audio/teamspeak_server) which worked fine before the recent changes to
> current. However after building a new kernel it has stopped working. To

What does this mean? Are there error messages (either from the binary
itself or on the console), or does it coredump? Please describe this
more, does it start and you can't use it, or doesn't it start at all?

> make sure that it was simply me doing something wrong I tried
> rebuilding the kernel again from before your patches (ie cvsup with
> default date set before your commit). And suddenly the port worked
> again. I'm afraid this is the best feedback I can give you. Hopefully
> it will be somewhat useful.

We need at least the dates of "working" and "not working". It would be
great if you could narrow this down to maybe an hour (or maybe a day).

I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no feet,
so I took his shoes.
		-- Dave Barry