emulators/linux-wine: Help in porting to FreeBSD

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 15:21:56 PDT 2006

On 10/14/06, Divacky Roman <xdivac02 at stud.fit.vutbr.cz> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 10:20:29AM -0500, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> time

> > Thanks for looking into this, I'll try your next patch.
>
> www.stud.fit.vutbr.cz/~xdivac02/linuxolator061014-2.patch
>
> pls load this - I believe I fixed the panic and the whole thing.
>
> report any panic/success (I dont have any more energy - spent
> whole day hacking and watching the simpsons ;) )
>
> thnx
>
> roman

Had to update my system to -CURRENT (from 6.2-BETA) to apply the
patch.  Still need to rebuild my ports for -CURRENT.

When I run /compat/linux/usr/bin/wineprefixcreate it never returned
from running /compat/linux/usr/bin/wine rundll32.exe
setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 28 wine.inf (left it
running for several hours).

A ps -axwwww shows:

1266 v0 I+ /compat/linux/usr/bin/wine rundll32.exe
setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 wine.inf

Tried to use 'ktrace -p 1266', but the ktrace.out file remained at zero bytes.

The previous errors/warnings are gone with the -CURRENT linuxator.

Found out I need to add 'COPTFLAGS=-O2 -frename-registers -pipe
-DDEBUG' to /etc/src.conf as it didn't read the value from
/etc/make.conf on -CURRENT.

Did have one probelm with this patch, in that it wouldn't allow a
buildworld to complete, errored out in usr.sbin/ipcs.

See you have a new patch, will give that a try.

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.