attack of the zombies

Ralph Zitz ralph at zitz.dk
Tue Nov 14 00:38:57 PST 2006

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Divacky Roman <xdivac02 at stud.fit.vutbr.cz> (from Mon, 13 Nov
> 2006 18:19:17 +0100):
>
>> On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 03:42:14PM +0100, Ralph Zitz wrote:
>
>>> PS: Is it possible to do a ktrace of a program that runs in the
>>> background?
>>
>> yes, ktrace -p pid
>
> And you have to use linux_kdump to get something useful out of it.
I can't seem to install linux_kdump from ports:
===>  linux_kdump-1.5_2 does not build with the default linux base, use
the package instead.
Which package? There is no linux_kdump package for "current".

If I use the normal kdump on the trace file produced by ktrace -i -d -p
<pid> of the server, kdump itself dumps a core :-)

Cheers,
Ralph.