linuxolator: sched_[sg]etaffinity

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Wed May 31 11:41:41 PDT 2006

This is mostly for the archives, but seeing the list of unimplemented
system calls reminded me.  If we do end up implementing the CPU
affinity functions at some point, there are a number of landmines.  In
particular, there are at least three differnet APIs for them depending
on the vendor.  Presumably we'll want to implement what ever Red Hat
does, but this is something to watch out for.  The Open MPI project
actually wrote a library for Linux so one binary can access all the
APIs, it's rather evil.

http://www.open-mpi.org/software/plpa/

-- Brooks