ports/97488: [repocopy] from linux_base-fc3 to linux_base-fc4

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 19 11:08:19 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 09:02:50PM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> The ports Makefile says: the maintainers email address is
> freebsd-emulation at FreeBSD.org. Big problem here, that's not a real
> person. But how can a script know this?

No way, except from hardcoding the few aliases.

> If I assign it to portmgr for a repocopy, I'll get the PR back in
> my lap when the repocopy is done, not netchild at . In the mean time
> (and sorry for the noise), netchild is old and wise enough to know
> how to assign this PR back to himself :-)

Repocopies are special. There is no real concept of a maintainer as
after the repocopy, in principle, it's a new port and could have another
maintainer as the old one. Also, when the PR is assigned to portmgr,
portmgr will need a committer to sign the PR back to after the repocopy
is done.

I'd say, if the PR originator is a committer, just sign it right over to
portmgr. If not, assign to the maintainer and/or wait for a committer to
pick it up.

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin at aauug.dk