linux-base_ac2 experimental port [was: Re: linux_base]

Andreas Kohn andreas.kohn at gmx.net
Mon May 15 12:05:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 11:53 +0200, Pre- O-- wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up an AlphaServer with FreeBSD 6.1
>
> I would like to use compaq-cc (from the ports collection),
> but it depends on the linux_base_8 port.
> This port does not work on the Alpha platform.
>
> Can you help we how can I install Linux compatibility under
> FreeBSD 6.1 (for Alpha).

You can find a very experimental port for an AlphaCore 2 linux base
port at
http://andreas.syndrom23.de/svn/projects/ports/trunk/emulators/linux-base-ac2/
This is based on the existing fc3 port.

This port should install a working linux base, but I did not find a
linux-needing port to fully test it. I'd be delighted to know if it
works for you.

Cross posted to freebsd-emulation@, basically to solicit comments if any
such port would be helpful as long as alpha "support" exists in FreeBSD
5.x/6.x.

--
Andreas