Freebsd6 running apps from a HP-UX B.10.20

Michael da Silva Pereira mpereira at steeleset.co.za
Mon Mar 27 13:04:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a HP-UX machine running an old accounting package which uses
runcobol.

We have been trying to move this package off these HP-UX machines, and was
looking

At freebsd as a option.

We do not have the sources of the applications, does freebsd have the
support to run these

Apps and if so how?

I have tried simply copying in across but you get errors all the time such
as:

$ ./runcobol

./runcobol: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

This is the info I can find on the binary:

runcobol: PA-RISC2.0 shared executable dynamically linked

Thanks,

Michael da Silva Pereira