status of ports that still depend on linux_base-8-8.0_16

Thu Jun 29 07:00:21 UTC 2006

Quoting Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> (from Wed, 28 Jun 2006
18:16:55 -0500):

> Now that that port is marked DEPRECATED (and also has an install error on
> pointyhat), some of the following are failing to package.  (I am working
> through the list of port that failed to package on the last i386-6 run).
>
> Can people take a look at these and see if they can be updated to versions
> that work with the -fc4 port?
>
> Thanks,
>
> mcl
>
> /devel/linux_devtools				freebsd-emulation

I want to deprecate this one, it's already on my list. I just have to
get time... :(

Interested parties can use one of the "new" linux_dist-gentoo ports
for a development environment.

> /devel/linux_kdump					marcel

Ugh... we need to have a look at this.

> /emulators/linux-ePSXe				jylefort
> /games/linux-goodway				jylefort
> /games/linux-x-plane				jylefort
> /games/linux-x-plane-net-installer	jylefort

I haven't looked at them yet, but I assume they are broken because
they depend upon linux-libgcc. It's included in the FCx ports, so
removing the dependency should fix them. I will try to look at it in
the evening.

> /korean/linux_locale				cjh
> /lang/linux-libgcc					jylefort

I think those can be marked as DEPRECATED too.

I brake for chezlogs!