amd64 module of linuxolator

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sun Jun 18 14:24:04 UTC 2006

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:07:56 +0200 Divacky Roman wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 02:42:56PM +0400, Yuri Pankov wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 11:56 +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> > > Modify /usr/src/sys/modules to contain
> > > _linprocfs=     linprocfs
> > > _linsysfs=      linsysfs
> > > in the
> > > .if ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "amd64"
> > > section and build the kernel again. Please report back if it works.

> > The build fails with:
> > /usr/src/sys/compat/linprocfs/linprocfs.c:91:36:
> > machine/../linux/linux.h: No such file or directory

> www.stud.fit.vutbr.cz/~xdivac02/linux-fs.patch

> pls try this patch.. I commited this to my p4 branch and I just need the
> testing if it loads/works (compilation is ok)

The patch was applied against -current cvs cleanly except the first
hunk. Thanks to Alexander (quoted) I did it by hand.

After building/installing the kernel all went well. The only change I
did to GENERIC was deletting of the option LINPROCFS. New kernel was
loaded and linprocfs was able to be loaded/unloaded.

Seems that a patch created against -current cvs tree may be safely
committed. Thanks!

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer